Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 26: MUCH BETTER!

Day 26 happened after an eleven hour day of work. But I wasn't too tired and I brought it and I brought it hard! I did as many of the advanced moves as I could. The only ones I can't do are the jumping lunges, the pushups and the traveling pushups.
I'm realizing there are parts of this workout I really hate and others that I don't mind as much.
I like the dumbbell cleans, they are easy for me and they make me feel good. I HATE the Supermans. Breathing helps, but I really just don't like those ones. I go alot slower then the girls on the DVD. I also struggle with the flutterbys. I can do them all the way thru it just REALLY hurts me.
I was able to do all the cardio moves with the weights today. That is a hard hard interval so I feel good when I'm able to complete it.
The plank move where you pull the dumbbells then lift your leg still kills me. I struggle with keeping a good plank form with that one.

The next day I woke up sore, but a good kind of sore.
The other good thing that's been happening is while I am tired at the end of the workout, I'm not totally dead. I don't have to just lay down and recover, I can move around and do things. My endurance just keeps going up and I love that.

I only have FOUR more days left. Wow. I cannot believe I've been able to do this and I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm actually blogging yesterdays workout right now and I'm about to go do todays. Pinterest is a great motivator. I always look at "Fitness" boards to get pumped up to workout.

I've decided on doing Jillian's Ripped In 30 DVD next. It had four levels and you stay on each Level for one week. I'm going to pick that up on Sunday cuz Sunday will be my last Shred day. I'm going to take at least one day a week off this time, I've been reading alot about how your body needs a rest day. Either that or do it every other day, depending on my schedule.

Alrighty, lets go shred!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Sam! Almost to the finish line!
    I'll stay with this one for a while yet...I'll be interested to read what you think of the ripped DVD

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO impressed with this. I was talking to Mrs. Vorce about it just the other day. I stopped after day four, so I am so happy for you making it to 26! we really do need to hang out sometime. I need more girlfriends. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash- Sam, i've been doing the ripped in 30 and i'm almost done week 3, it is hard! The first week isn't bad, especially since you're doing the shred you'll probably have an easier time with week 1. you'll like ripped it's similiar to shred but some different moves.

    ReplyDelete